Lemon Throat Compress
Inflammatory swelling of the tonsils causes pain when swallowing. The anti-inflammatory effect of lemon in hot water can sooth the inflammation, so that the pain disappears quickly.
- Tonsillitis (bacterial)
- Sore throat (swelling) (see example cases)
- Lateral pharyngitis
- Tonsillitis (viral)
WARNING: Hot neck compresses are contraindicated for highly purulent tonsillitis
- Good preparation and quick work are important because the compress cloth is small and can cool down quickly.
- Hot neck compresses are contraindicated for highly purulent tonsillitis! In this case you can use an onion compress; it may help to apply it alternately with locally applied lemon slices.
- Basin with ½ liter boiling water
- Sharp knife und fork
- 1 lemon
- 1 cotton cloth, folded into 4 layers (as a substance cloth, all around the neck but leaving out the spine)
- 1 wool scarf
- Pour the boiling water into the basin
- Submerge the lemon in the hot water (must be covered with water)
- Use a fork to skewer the lemon and cut the middle of the lemon with the knife
- Cut the skin of both halves into the shape of a star all around
- Use the mug to squeeze the lemon under water, so that its essential oils and juice get into the water
- Dip the cotton cloth into the lemon water, wring it out well and place it around the neck as warm as possible, leaving the spine out
- Immediately wrap the wool scarf around the neck
- Rest in bed for half an hour, then remove the substance cloth and leave the wool scarf in place
- Rest for another 30 min
- Wash out and dry the cloth
- The compress must be applied very warm without burning the skin
- Hot neck compresses are contraindicated for highly purulent tonsillitis
Instructions to download
- Instructions Lemon Throat Compress
Dateigröße: 119 KB
A young woman is prone to colds of various kinds, but sinus problems and a sore throat have been a common occurrence since childhood. A visit to a beer garden in spring and the consumption of a cold drink caused a sore throat the next day. She knew from experience that a lemon neck compress was very helpful and immediately applied a compress that soon improved her swallowing difficulties. After a few days of rest, this young woman was healthy again and could work.