Sitz Bath for Children Alternately with Sage, Thyme or Chamomile
Kind of substance
Sage, Thyme, Chamomile
Sitz baths for small children are a helpful alternative to steam baths, which are unsuitable for children up to school age. Sitz baths warm the abdomen and are an easy way to help heal cystitis. At the same time, they have a cleansing effect on the genital area.
The interaction of the following three substances has been shown to be very successful in the treatment of cystitis. Sage has a restorative and anti-inflammatory effect. Thyme has a strong inhibitory effect on the growth of bacteria and fungi. Chamomile brings a cleansing and soothing, enveloping, nurturing quality to the treatment.
- Acute inflammation of the bladder
- Chronic cystitis
Children under the age of 3 must always be presented to a doctor in case of suspected cystitis. Children must also see a doctor if they have fever, feel very ill or have pain in the kidney area (back).
- 1 plastic basin, large enough for the child to sit in, with water up to the navel
- 1 bath thermometer
- 1 jug with a lid
- 1 handful sage leaves per liter of tea
- Boiling water, the quantity depends on the size of the tub (1 liter tea to 5 liters bath water)
- Pour nearly boiling water over the sage leaves in the jug, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In this way, enough warm water is prepared in the basin so that the child can sit in it comfortably and warmly for 8 minutes.
- Strain off the sage leaves and pour the tea into the prepared water (1 liter tea to 5 liters bath water), the bath water should then be about 37°C (98.6°F).
- Sit the child in the basin at this point. Leave the child’s upper body dressed and keep his feet warm with socks.
- Duration: 8 minutes
- Dry off the child well and dress him warmly.
- Give daily baths, alternating between sage, thyme and chamomile sitz baths each day (each tea is prepared in the same way).
- The baths can be given daily until the infection is cured (a decreasing leukocyte count on urinalysis test trips is a good indication that the treatment is working).
- In case of acute cystitis, the sitz bath should be used 2 times a day.
- The bath is also suitable for the prophylaxis of urinary tract infections.
Anthroposophic medication as prescribed by a doctor
Instructions to download
No single case will be described here, as the treatment has been successful so often