Yarrow Sacrum Compress
Kind of substance
Yarrow (flowers and leaves)
In the area of the sacrum we have the “dimples of Venus”, an area that is directly related to deep-seated female sexual organs. Wrapped yarrow sacrum compresses can have a healing, analgesic and relaxing effect on these organs.
If the patient cannot lie on her back because of the pain, this application can also be administered with her lying face down or in a lateral position. In this case a hot-water bottle must be placed on the compress!
- 1 tbsp. yarrow (flowers and leaves), chopped
- ½ liter boiling water
- Small pot
- 1 medium-sized basin
- 1 sieve
- Outer cloth
- Intermediate cloth
- Inner cloth
- Hot-water bottle, filled flat with hot water
- Place the outer and intermediate cloths on the bed at the level of the buttocks
- The patient lies down
- Put the tea herb in the pot
- Pour boiling water over it, cover and let stand for about 3–5 minutes, then strain into the bowl.
- Fold the inner cloth to about the size of two hands, place in the solution.
- Take it to the patient
- Wring out the inner cloth (with a wringing aid, if necessary)
- The patient turns on her side
- Place the inner cloth on the area of the sacrum.
- The patient turns back onto her back with the cloth
- Pull the intermediate cloth firmly over the lower abdomen from both sides.
- Wrap on the outer cloth in the same way
- Duration: 30 min., then remove all the cloths
- 30 minutes of post-treatment rest
Rinse out the inner cloth and hang up all the cloths to dry
- As long as the complaints last
- As a “cure” when bleed-free, also over several cycles
Instructions to download
- Instructions Yarrow Sacrum Compress
Dateigröße: 558 KB
Two Turkish women were lying on our anthroposophic ward, because of other illnesses. Both had painful menstruation. They were then both treated with a yarrow sacrum compress and experienced a significant reduction in pain and cramping for the first time. They gratefully embraced the nurse.