Rhythmical einreibung of the foot according to Wegman/ Hauschka
Kind of substance
Lavender Oil 10%
The feet have the task of carrying the human body on a small surface between the heel and the ball of the foot, enabling balance in the upright position. The arch of the foot eludes gravity.
Rhythmical oil applications to the feet intensify the pervasion of warmth in them. This in turn enables the soul to loosen its hold on the nerve-sense system in the head area, which directly facilitates the ability to fall asleep.
The process of letting go when dying can also be impressively eased.
- Agitation in people who are dying
- Anxiety (see example case 1)
- Cold feet (see example case 3)
- Difficulty falling asleep (see example case 3)
- Obsessive thoughts
- Restless legs syndrome (see example case 2)
Rhythmical oil applications according to Wegman/Hauschka can only be learned by attending a seminar. For more information see Rhythmical oil applications
Example case 1: anxiety
The female patient, about 50 years old and diagnosed with "anxiety and panic disorder", is hospitalised. Currently she is agitated and has difficulty sleeping. She cannot mourn the loss of a close relative. She lives alone and for 3 weeks has not been able to overcome this state.
Rhythmical lavender oil applications have an astonishingly quick stabilising effect, through the experience of human encounter and physical touch in the evenings.
She finds the lavender aroma very pleasant and this together with the pre-warmed cloths gives her a feeling of security. The treatment stimulates her body's self-warming function and enables her to relax deeply. As a result she begins sleeping much better within a few days.
Example case 2: restless legs syndrome
The middle-aged male patient, who holds a strenuous leadership position, repeatedly suffers from restless legs. Each rhythmical oil application to his feet calms him immediately, enabling him to then fall asleep.
Example case 3: difficulty falling asleep, cold feet
Many patients in the palliative care ward suffer from cold feet, as they are no longer able to penetrate their body with warmth. A warming rhythmical oil application in the evenings helps many people to fall asleep without sleeping pills.
- Layer M, Grosse-Brauckmann E., in: Layer M (ed.) Praxishandbuch Rhythmische Einreibungen nach Wegman/Hauschka, 2nd ed. Bern: Verlag Hans Huber; 2014.
- Batschko E-M. Einführung in die Rhythmische Einreibungen nach Wegman/Hauschka. 2nd ed. Stuttgart: Mayer; 2011.
- Große-Brauckmann E, Glaser H. Rhythmische Einreibungen nach Wegman/Hauschka. DVD Filderstadt: Verband für Anthroposophische Pflege; 2012.