Lavender 10% oil breastbone compress
Kind of substance
Lavender 10% oil
Lavender oil compresses have a calming and anti-cramping effect and they warm the chest region.
- Bronchial asthma (see example case 1)
- Nervous heart complaints
- Dry cough, especially at night
- Dry cough after bronchoscopy (see example case 2)
- Dry cough caused by lung metastasis
- Use lavender 5% oil on babies and toddlers
- Cotton inner cloth, ca. 15 x 20 cm when doubly folded (for adults)
- Lavender 10% oil
- A plastic bag (food-safe)
- Hot water bottle
- Outer cloth made of cotton or wool, somewhat larger than the inner cloth
- Drizzle 2–3 ml of oil onto the inner cloth
- Warm up the folded cloth in the plastic bag with the hot water bottle
- Remove the warm cloth from the bag while standing beside the patient and place it on the sternum
- Cover it with the outer cloth
- The compress can stay there until the coughing subsides and there is an improvement (usually ca. 30–60 minutes)
- Post-treatment rest 30 minutes
- The inner cloth can be reused over several days. Drizzle a few more drops of oil onto it each day
Instructions to download
- Instruction Lavender 10% Oil Breastbone Compress
Dateigröße: 493 KB
Example case 1
A mother (38 years old), developed asthma for the first time, which she was unable to overcome for weeks, following an infection and previous years of hay fever. She was very exhausted from caring for her 3 ill children. The asthma cleared up within 2 weeks when she applied a nightly LAVENDER oil compress to her chest and has not returned to this day (14 months later). The treatment was calming and enabled her to relax well.
Example case 2
In a lung clinic patients often suffer from torturous, unproductive coughing after a bronchoscopy. After a lavender oil compress is placed on the breastbone, the coughing stops within 10 minutes, the patients are less fearful and they can relax again. They feel seen and valued.
- Sommer M. Healing plants. Herbal remedies from traditional to anthroposophical medicine. Edinburgh: Floris Books; 2014.
- Soldner G, Stellmann HM. Individual paediatrics. Physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of diagnosis and counseling. Stuttgart: Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft; 2014.
- Bahlmann B. Pflege daheim. Berlin: Salumed; 2010.
- Vademecum of Anthroposophic Medicines