Aurum-lavender heart ointment cloth
Kind of substance
Aurum/Lavender/ Rose Ointment (Weleda)
Heart ointment cloths with aurum-lavender ointment have a subtle and pleasant aroma, so patients very much appreciate them. The application can have a protective and calming effect in cases of nervous unrest or where there is difficulty in falling asleep.
The person can feel centred and stabilized by this application.
- Difficulty in falling asleep or sleeping through the night, also in connection with persistent worrying (see example case)
- (Support in cases of) vegetative cardiovascular disease
- (Support in cases of) cardiac arrhythmias
- (Support in cases of) hypertension
- (Support in cases of) anginal complaints
- Postoperative delirium
- Panic attacks in connection with palpitations (see example case)
- Anxious nervousness and uneasiness
- Exam anxiety
- During the dying process
- Inner cloth, ca. 12 x 12 cm
- Aurum/Lavender/Rose Ointment
- Wooden spatula or knife
- Hot water bottle
- Outer cloth made of cotton or wool, somewhat larger than the inner cloth
- Apply a thin layer of ointment to the inner cloth, creating a shiny surface.
- Lightly warm the ointment compress on a hot water bottle and lay it on the heart region.
- Cover it with the outer cloth
- Leave on for at least 1 hour, possibly overnight
- The inner cloth can be stored in a plastic bag for repeated applications, apply a little more ointment for each treatment.
With patients who are very restive and agitated, the heart ointment cloth can be replaced by applying a thin layer of ointment to the skin over the heart region
Instructions to download
- Instruction Aconite Nerve Oil-Shoulder-Neck Compress
Dateigröße: 548 KB
A 53-year-old female patient with breast cancer on the left side and liver metastasis, as well as bronchial cancer on the right side, status post radiation therapy.
The patient suffered from sleep disturbances caused by inner disquiet and strong anxiety. Her panic attacks were connected with heart palpitations and tachycardia. A heart ointment cloth with aurum-lavender ointment was prescribed. She then became quieter at times and could sleep better.
Eleven years later during a different hospital stay the patient reported that she had found the heart ointment cloth with aurum-lavender ointment to be so helpful that after her previous discharge she obtained the ointment and kept it in her handbag.
Whenever she experiences fears and strong heart palpitations she discretely rubs some onto the pulse on her wrists, using a circular motion. She has repeatedly found that this calms her racing heart and thereby also lessens the accompanying fear.
- Fingado M. Compresses and other therapeutic applications. A handbook from the Ita Wegman Clinic. Edinburgh: Floris Books; 2012.
- Weleda Arzneimittel und ihre Wirkungen. Therapiehandbuch für die Medizin. Weleda Verlag 1st ed. 2006.
- Vademecum of anthroposophic medicines. 3rd English ed. with CD. Munich: Association of Anthroposophic Physicians in Germany; 2017.